Famed gay author, academician, and aspiring politician Danton Remoto has this to say about Mel Chionglo’s Twilight Dancers:
I watched the preview of Twilight Dancers, the last in the Mel
Chionglo macho dancer trilogy, and I gen liked it. It is a political
film that satirizes the current state (or lack of it) of governance
in our govt. It is not perfect — no film, I think, is — but the
fact that it asks troubling questions in these troubling times is
enough to watch it.The boys are cute but all too fair-skinned or too
white. Allen Dizon and Lauren Novera (Novero?) are dark and sweet,
like Swiss chocolate. Hmmm.
Possibly Related Entries:
- Will Maximo lick Twilight Dancers?
- Twilight of the Twilight Dancers
- Twilight Dancers: disappointing
- Do you remember Chester?
- Tyron Perez - more pictures!
- Boldie Tyron Perez
- Twilight Dancers, coming soon
- “Twilight Dancers” given X rating