Foley says he was abused by a clergyman (AP)
AP - Disgraced former Rep. Mark Foley said through his lawyer Tuesday that he was sexually abused by a clergyman as a teenager, but accepts full responsibility for sending salacious computer messages to teenage male pages.
Just some quick comments on this shenanigan —
- 1. So what if Foley was abused by a clergyman? This is skirting the current issue. It is just so sad, and yes it actually pisses me off, when someone blames a past victim story to justify a current misdemeanor. We always have a choice, man, in spite of whatever past we may have had.
- 2. Flirting is not a crime. But why with teenage boys?
- 3. I can’t help it but imagine if you were more comfortable with who you really are — maybe this scandal would have been avoided.
- 4. Lesson learned: Be yourself as soon as possible. Otherwise you accumulate dark, hidden desires that develop into ticking time bombs waiting to explode right before your face.
Possibly Related Entries:
- Juddah Paolo and Mojo Jojo Kiss
- Sorry guys, I sorely want this
- Rebounding from the Dark Ages
- Born on Christmas Day
- Lovapalooza: no gays allowed?
- Be True, Be the Extraordinary You
- Rustom Padilla, pre-PBB
- The First Noel (a true story)