There was a time in my life that I seriously considered if my being gay is bad. Specifically, if God is against my being gay. Is God against gays? Then I thought, how can God be against anyone? God can never be against gays. But again, is He mad at what we gays do? Is He against two men (instead of a man and a woman) loving each other? How about sodomy? The Catholic Church and its priests say it is a sin, a mortal sin — but does God Himself really frown upon it? The Bible says God let fire and brimstone rain to destroy Sodom and Gommorah, where gay men practice anal sex — but does he frown upon it even if it is done in the context of love? Warning, you may read on, but I do not have the answer to these questions.
I asked a friend who I considered wise (well, he should be, he turned 40 this year) about this issue. A long and winding answer rattled on, which can be summarized with these two points:
(1) Do good, be good, and as long as you are not hurting anyone, you should be okay; and
(2) As long as man-to-man sex is done in the context of love, it should be okay.
I said, “Hmmm… I certainly comply to (1)… then, to (2)… erhmmmm… sometimes.” Does that make me a bad person? Will I go to hell when I die?
How about you, what do you think?
Possibly Related Entries:
- Hello World
- Lovapalooza: no gays allowed?
- Why gays love the Apple iMac
- Pinoys lead in “masturbation” too!
- H.O.T.Y. 2006: Zanjoe Marudo
- Confused Gay, with a girlfriend
- We Need Gay Friends