Let me start off with this: THANK YOU, dear MGG readers. You make this site so rich with many different opinions and points of view — you make me laugh, sometimes think, at other times, feel melancholic. And it’s all good! Salamat po!
Single Brown Mommy writes:
… according to a recent survey by Reader’s Digest, Metro Manila ranks among the least courteous cities in the world, and that Manilans forget to say the words ‘thank you.’
Upon reading this, I told myself, along with World Peace, I want to take it upon myself to promote the practice of always appreciating other people. I agree, with all the negativities in this world, we tend to forget to appreciate our fellow human beings. We sometimes take our friends for granted, what more strangers? But I suggest, especially all you gay men out there, let’s role model the practice of appreciation towards others. You know how good it feels when we are appreciated, right? I believe in the saying that “if it is to be, it is up to me.” So people, if you agree that appreciating other people more often is good, then join me in this crusade! Let’s help in promoting this culture of appreciation.
To help ourselves further buy in to this kind of behavior change, let me offer you the benefits of being more appreciative:
1. Build better and healthier relationships
2. Positive energy begets positive energy!
3. You get to smile more often, thus slowing down the physical aging process
4. A pleasant (smiling!) disposition is a much better social lubricant than any alcoholic drink
5. It feels good to be appreciated — and to appreciate too!
So, mga friends, let’s do it! Say more ‘thank you’, more ’salamat’ — and believe that your positive energy will bring back more for you and for the people around you. Thank you, and World Peace!
Possibly Related Entries:
- Happy 100th Day To Me!
- Kouros Winner Greets Migs
- Thank you my dear readers!
- Site Advisory
- Ken Escudero in “Sikil” (2)
- Dingdong: look, no more pacifiers!
- Samsung Metrowear Hunks
- Jay Espano and MGG tidbits