They are writers who at one point decided to join the blogging bandwagon. I like reading them because they are really good at what they are doing — writing. Some of their recent posts are notable:
1. Carlo Vergara, creator of our favorite parlorista superheroine Zsazsa Zaturnnah, tells us that the first half of “Zaturnnah: In Manila” (the most awaited sequel) has gone out for script editing. I’m excited! Soon we shall see the full sequel, and yes I’ll be one of the first to grab a copy. And another update, good news to Cebuanos! The Zaturnnah musical (Ze Tour Nah!) may find itself in Cebu this November. Bongga!
2. Jun Lana relates how he struggled to bring his dream project “Roxxxanne” into reality. It’s his dream film about texting, cellphones, and OF COURSE, homosexuality. Come October 10, however, incidentally his birthday too, it will have its premiere showing at the UP Film Center. Jun emailed me last night saying that he is sending me 20 tickets to the premiere, reserved for MGG readers. Bait di ba?! I still don’t know the mechanics of how to distribute those tickets — let me think about that and let you know once the tickets are in my hands na. Watch out for it!
3. Gibbs Cadiz, writer and desk editor of the Lifestyle section of the Phil. Daily Inquirer, champion and promoter of Philippine theater, a good friend and podcasting partner (The Troikasters, with McVie), is celebrating his 37th birthday today. Happy birthday, Gibbs!
Possibly Related Entries:
- Pinoy Gay Bloggers
- Last Call for this MGG event
- Calling All Bloggers!
- Join the Pinoy Gay Bloggers List
- Gay Bloggers Unite!
- Should I Come Out to Mom?
- Sitting at the feet of gay masters
- Watching Insiang This Weekend