How gay, and how nice. Fighting discrimination by sending flowers — how appropriate!
The 2 main legislative bodies in the Philippines are set to tackle gay-relevant bills (HB 634 and SBN 1738) and , specifically seeking to penalize discriminatory acts against lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transgenders. My principle is simple: every human being has the right to live in harmony with his/her fellow human beings, to be treated with utmost respect and dignity regardless of class, race, sexual orientation, etc. In short, I support this cause.
From September 11 to 30, 2006, the gay community encourages everyone to send flowers to the Senate to appeal for the prompt passage of HB 634 and SBN 1738. At this point, it is very crucial to persuade the leadership of both chambers, specifically Senate President Manuel Villar, Jr. to expedite the approval of SBN 1738 and HB 634.
How to send flowers:
1. Pick your preferred flower shop vendor. I am not endorsing any.
2. Pick the cheapest or the grandest flower arrangement you prefer — it’s up to you. My feeling is that in this case, quantity is more important than quality.
3. Insert the message, as below: (so we have one message)
Stop Discrimination Now! Please support the immediate passage of SBN 1738 / HB 634, which penalizes discrimination against lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transgenders. Thank you very much.
4. Send to:
SEN. MANUEL VILLAR, JR.
Rm. 602 GSIS Bldg., Financial Center,
Roxas Blvd., Pasay City
5. Email (cc: [email protected], or leave a comment here) to inform us that you have sent a flower to the Senate President.
Let’s all unite, and send flowers to the Philippine Senate President!
Possibly Related Entries:
- What a Beautiful Day!
- H.O.T.Y. 2006: Zanjoe Marudo
- Still Confused?
- Pink Film Festival in Metro Manila
- Following Your Heart
- I Want to Grow Old With Him
- Caleruega and Reflection Time
- In Pursuit of Happiness